VDU/DSE ERGONOMIC RISK ASSESSMENT AND ERGONOMIC RISK ASSESSMENT
The Health and Safety Authority (HSA) states that it is not sufficient to allow employees to use a software package or other means to assess their own workstations. It is a duty of the employer to carry out a physical analysis or risk assessment of an employee's workstation.
The Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Regulations require employers to:
- Carry out an analysis or risk assessment of employee workstations
- Provide information to employees in relation to measures which have been implemented
- Provide training to employees in the use of workstations before commencing work with display screen equipment and whenever the organisation of the workstation is modified
- Perform a further analysis or risk assessment where an employee transfers to a new workstation or significant new work equipment, change of equipment or new technology is introduced an an individuals workstation
- Ensure that the provision of an appropriate eye and eyesight test is made available to every employee
Logue and O'Connor Training and Consultancy Ltd can undertake a VDU/DSE Ergonomic Risk Assessment for each employee at their individual workstations.