We provide training and consultancy to HIQA Designated Centres, Registered Nursing Homes with Regulatory compliance and implementation of HIQA Standards, in particular with:
- Care Plan training, including keyworker training
- Understanding Restrictive Practices training
- Positive Behaviour Support training
- Risk Management training, including Individual Risk Assessment, Risk Register, Role of the PIC, Role of the Provider Representative,
- Health Act 2007 training, including the role of HIQA
- Regulation 23 Reviews of Quality and Safety of Care. 6-monthly reviews and annual reviews
- MAPA training
- Safeguarding training
Rónán Ó Murchú has been working within the intellectual disability sector since 1991. Originally qualified as an Intellectual Disability nurse (RNID), Rónán has also worked clinically as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Behaviour Therapy and as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) in Positive Behaviour Support and has the recognition of being the first Registered ANP in disability nursing in Ireland. He has lectured part time in the Department of Psychology in University College Cork and runs a private practice as a Cognitive Behaviour Therapist.
Since 2014, Rónán has worked at a senior management level providing support and consultancy to different organisations (Section 38 and Section 39, Health Service Executive (HSE)), requiring support in achieving regulatory compliance. In addition to supporting and developing governance and management, an integral element of this work has involved auditing and implementing systems for risk management, care planning, person centred care planning/keyworking and staff development through on-site training, workshops and presentations.