First Aid Response Refresher (PHECC)
This is a comprehensive 2-day certificate course accredited by the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) as a Refresher day in order to keep your First Aid Response valid.
The First Aid Response Refresher course includes Cardiac First Responder training in automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and administering aspirin for heart attack patients.
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007, places a requirement on employers, based on a risk assessment, to have a sufficient number of occupational first aiders trained and deployed in the workplace.
- Be familiar with health and safety legislation regarding first aid provision in the workplace
- Be able to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- Be capable of co-ordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace
- First Aid in the Workplace
- Patient Assessment
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiac First Response
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Altered Levels of Consciousness
- Musculosketal Injuries
- Burns and Scalds, Chemicals, Electric Shock
CERTIFICATION & PRICE:
All successful candidates in the written and practical assessments will be awarded a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) certificate which is valid for 2 years.
€1200 for group of up to 8 or €195 per person