First Aid Response (Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC))
This is a comprehensive 3-day certification course which covers all the essential aspects of first aid responder requirements introduced on June 1st 2018.
First Aid Responder training (PHECC) has replaced Occupational First Aid (OFA, FETAC).
The First Aid Response course includes Cardiac First Responder training, including automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007, places a requirement on employers, based on a risk assessment, to have a sufficient number of occupational first aiders trained and deployed in the workplace.
- Understand the responsibilities of an occupational first aider
- Be familiar with health and safety legislation regarding first aid provision in the workplace
- Be able to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- Be capable of co-ordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace
- First Aid in the Workplace
- Patient Assessment
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiac First Response
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Altered Levels of Consciousness
- Musculosketal Injuries
- Burns and Scalds, Chemicals, Electric Shock
All successful candidates in the written and practical assessments will be awarded a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) certificate which is valid for 2 years.
€1600 for group of up to 8 or €295 per person